Have you heard of this famous Korean side dish, corn cheese? Typically made with creamy, tangy mayonnaise and sweet corn, this famous Korean side dish was one of my favorite parts of Korean BBQ. I've always had this when I went out for Korean BBQ with my family in Korea, and it's still one of my favorite side dishes. The dish usually served in a hot casserole dish is everything that I enjoy— cheesy, sweet, and so addictive!
One day, I had this delicious idea to put this creamy corn cheese on top of a pizza. I mean corn cheese is already cheesy, and instead of baking them in a casserole, why not just put them on top of pizza dough? It just made sense, and when I made it, it was SO GOOD. It had all the delicious things about corn cheese, creamy, sweet, and cheesy, and the pizza dough made this side dish into a substantial meal!
It's so easy to assemble, and the recipe only requires a few ingredients. Most of them are something you would have in your pantry all the time! This recipe is perfect when you are craving cheesy pizza or a great drinking food.
Prep time: 10 minutes l Cook Time: 20 minutes l Total Time: 30 hours l Serving: 2-4
1 pizza dough. Store-bought is fine! ;)
1 can of corn
1/4 cup of chopped onion
1/4 cup of kewpie mayo (I encourage to use kewpie mayo since its signature, tangy flavors bring that unique cheesy corn flavors better than regular American mayonnaise)
salt & pepper
1 cup of shredded cheese or more (I use a blend of Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Monterey Jack)
A sheet pan, the oven, and a rolling pin (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees F.
2. Roll out a pizza dough on a floured-surface until it's flattened, and transfer it to the parchment-lined sheet pan.
3. Smear 1/4 cup of kewpie mayo on a flattened pizza dough.
4. Top the dough with corn and onion and season it with a pinch of salt and pepper. And then, sprinkle shredded cheese all over the dough.
5. Squeeze mayo on top of shredded cheese one more time. Since the bottle has a 2-way chef cap, you should be able to squeeze from its single-line tube.
6. Add the pizza in the preheated oven between 20 minutes and 30 minutes until the cheese is fully melted and the top is golden brown. Take it out and let it cool for a minute. Slice, and enjoy!
7. Now, EAT YOUR FEELINGS!